About This Event
Be a 100 Miles for Suffolk Mind superstar!
Would you like to challenge yourself and others to cover the distance of 100 miles, your way, and help raise money for Suffolk Mind to support the mental health of your community?
If you are looking for a way to stay active and do something as a family or team, to achieve something amazing together, whilst helping others, then this challenge might be just right for you!
The 100 Miles for Suffolk Mind challenge is to cover the distance of 100 miles, whether that is running, cycling, walking, rowing, swimming or in a more unique way. You can do it solo or get together with friends, family, or colleagues to make it a team challenge and you can all contribute to reach the 100-mile target.
Why 100 miles? Suffolk is approximately 100 miles East to West and North to South – so we thought it was a great way to represent our mission of making Suffolk the best place in the world for talking about and taking care of mental health – and you can help us by taking on this challenge.
Getting involved is easy
1. Decide how you want to take on the 100 miles – do it as a solo challenge or team up with your colleagues or friends and family. Then decide how you will cover the 100 miles – you don’t need to cover any particular route and don’t have to do it in any given time frame.
2. Set up and share your giving page – sign yourself or your team up by clicking here. Then share your page with your friends and family on social media to celebrate your milestones. You can also sign up and view people's pages on our JustGiving site here.
3. Complete the distance of 100 miles - and tell everyone about it by posting a video or photo of you and hashtag #100forsuffolkmind
4. A huge thank you from us - you are a 100 miles superstar and have achieved something amazing whilst helping to support others in your local community. To show our appreciation, we’ll send you a medal and certificate from the team at Suffolk Mind.
We have also created new 100 Miles for Suffolk Mind t-shirts which you can see and purchase here.
Need some inspiration?
- If you walk/run/cycle 3.3 miles a day for 30 days then you have completed 99 miles and you could do 1 more mile at the end for victory!
- Do something different - allocate a mile and have some fun at the same time… dancing, hopping, skateboarding, maybe use a space hopper, scooter or roller skates… it might take a little longer, but think how skilled you could become with all that practice!
- Create a virtual team - why not challenge a team of your friends, family or colleagues to a virtual race and see who can cover 100 miles first or combine your efforts to do the distance together.
Track your progress
Apps like Strava and activity trackers are great for logging your progress, or if you are digital free, then a map will help you create your routes and measure your distance. We also have a handy downloadable tracker (click here) tool for you to keep a visual track of the miles you have done.
Remember, however you choose to do it, keep to the current government guidelines and complete your challenge safely.
We would absolutely love to hear about all the ways you have taken on this challenge – email us: [email protected].
Raised so far for
£60.00 of £100.00
£275.00 of £100.00
£110.00 of £100.00
£10.00 of £50.00
£45.00 of £30.00
£275.00 of £100.00
£1,520.00 of £1,000.00
£40.00 of £100.00
£0.00 of £100.00
£0.00 of £100.00
£320.00 of £100.00
£1,210.00 of £250.00
£105.00 of £500.00